Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question that we haven’t answered below?
Click through to our contact form using the button below and submit your query.
How do I get updates and know what's happening with my application?
We aim to review applications within 1 business day. We will update applicants when we are putting your application forward to the property owner for approval.
While we aim to inform all applicants of the outcome regardless of the result, sometimes it may take a 3-4 days to finalise an application. Where we receive an overwhelming number of applicants, our process is to update unsuccessful applicants only after a holding deposit has been received and approved by the landlord.
Haven’t heard anything?
Please wait 48 hours (2 business days) and if you require an answer before applying for another property, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there an app for Locate that will allow us to access our property info?
- Head to the Apple or Google play store and download the “Property Me” app;
- Create your account by signing in with your email address that is the same as you have put on your lease application;
- Create your password.
Is there a direct debit process for paying rent and is this compulsory?
Setting up a direct debit with locate will make your experience with us a lot easier. A direct debit payment in our system:
- Is FREE! There are no extra charges;
- Automatically gets receipted to your property, tenancy and rent period;
- Allows you to ‘Set & Forget’ – no need to worry about scheduling a payment each time it’s due;
- Logs your payment history on the app, so you’ll always have access to an up-to-date rental ledger at any time;
- Notifies you by SMS if there are arrears;
- Provides you with a ‘Pay Now’ option (in the app) for arrears payments;
- Syncs to a report that updates as soon as dishonoured payments clear (so you’ll always have up-to-date information).
I have been contacted by Locate Property, can I be sure you are now managing my property.
If the owner has engaged Locate to manage their property, we will send you an email along with the notice from the owner with such instructions. This will confirm that we are the newly appointed managing agents.
Once we collect the file from the current agent, we will have all the relevant information regarding your tenancy. This file includes your current lease agreement, ledger, entry condition report and application form.
This information will all be available to view on the ‘Different Tenant’ app. When you download the Different Tenant app, you’ll find all this information, giving you added reassurance that we are your new managing agents.
We are Locate Property
Locate Property is a property management agency servicing customers in the greater Brisbane Property market with plans to soon expand into the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast.
We’ve created clever technology and combined that with experienced agents to provide our customers with a better experience. We understand that communication and transparency are so important, and that’s why we’ve created an app that gives you access to your information – as well as direct contact with our experienced agents – 24/7. We resolve repair and maintenance issues quickly and efficiently.
Additionally, we build our own technology from scratch, which means that we are continuously improving our systems and processes each and every day to provide our customers with a more enjoyable and streamlined experience.
Do I need to download the Tenant app?
Think of the app as your own personal go-to rental portal providing you with updates of what you need to know about your tenancy.
- If you want to check when your lease expires, you’ll find a copy of your lease in the app;
- If you want to report a repair or maintenance issue, there’s a repairs tab where you can make the report and take photos/videos of the problem;
- If you want to see how your last rental inspection went, there’s a documents tab where you can see your last inspection;
- If you want to know where your rent is paid up to, there’s a payments tab where you can view your full history of payments.
….And loads more!
We’ve created this app to give you complete transparency, and to make renting totally convenient for you. Put simply, it will help make your life that little bit easier.
What constitutes an "emergency repair" and who do I contact should I have one?
An emergency repair as described by the RTA is:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak;
- a blocked or broken toilet;
- a serious roof leak;
- a gas leak;
- a dangerous electrical fault;
- flooding or serious flood damage;
- serious storm, fire or impact damage;
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply;
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the property for hot water, cooking or heating;
- a fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or insecure;
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant;
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the property that unduly inconveniences a tenant in gaining access to, or using, the property.
For emergency repairs your first point of contact:
1300 980 772
If after hours.
Call m. 0410071885